Next I cut my clothes into strips of about 3cm wide by 17cm long and just knotted them, one by one, onto the wire. I just kept cutting and knotting until I couldn't fit any more strips on, evenly spreading the colours and fabrics as I built it up.
As an extra touch I thought it might be nice to add a little bit of extra girliness in the shape of some battery operated fairy lights -
I used a string of 20 battery powered fairy lights. I tied the battery pack to the base of the wreath and then wrapped the lights around the wreath, keeping the wire predominantly at the back and only wrapping it around where I wanted the light bulb to sit at the front.
I've got a couple of other additions in mind... Possible follow up blog post coming soon...
Please be sweet and share the love. Leave a comment, like my Facebook page for regular updates or follow me on Pinterest.