It's pretty straightforward to make - although mine was even simpler than the instructions for the one above.
- Make a 6 inch Madeira cake.
- Leave to cool.
- Level the top.
- Cut in half and fill with buttercream and jam.
- Melt about 60grams of chocolate.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the bottom half of the chocolate fingers with a knife and 'stick' them, one by one, around the cake. I used 2 small packets.
- Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate on the top.
- Fill the top with Smarties before serving.
- Tie with a cute ribbon bow. (About 1 and a half metres.)
I bought these silicone cupcake cases from Amazon and the colours matched beautifully with the colour of the Smarties -
Maybe I'll get a better picture of the cake next year...
Related Post -
Please be sweet and share the love. Leave a comment, like my Facebook page for regular updates or follow me on Pinterest.